The last few weeks have been busy, busy, and busy for us.
I have been at school pretty much every night for some kind of dance rehearsal until about 10p.m. Our dance program is going to Tennessee on Saturday for five days to attend the American College Dance Festival. Each school gets to bring a few dance pieces and I am in one of them. So we have been busy preparing the piece. The dance I am in is a real touching story about the last hanging in America, which was in 1984. I actually play the role of the man who hangs a young African American boy. The dance goes through the story and then concludes with the mother of the boy learning to forgive the man who killed her son. It’s a really touching story. I have never been away from Josh for more than about three nights, and when I have been gone I have been with my family, so it's going to be different for me being away by myself for 4 nights. So I am anxious about how it’s all going to work out. It will be fun. I will have the opportunity to get to know some of the girls I attend school with a little more. Who knows what God will do during that time. I also get the opportunity to take different dance classes from teachers all across this region. It should be a good experience.
Last Saturday, Josh attended his first tryout out of about 5 this season. This one is for an AF2 team; the other four are for the Canadian League (which is what he really wants to play). But the arena tryouts came first so he decided just to go. I think the team is in Albany so it's a lot closer then Canada. They said they really liked him and they were starting camp this Sunday and they already had 8 guys there for D.B. and that this week they are cutting 4 of them, then next week they were going to' give him a call and get him to come to camp for a few days to compete with the other three guys. So basically he has already made the first few cuts. We have learned not to really get our hopes up. Instead we are just going to give it to God. Let his will be done! However it would be great timing for him to go to camp since I will also be away. Only God knows!
Only a few weeks until spring break!!! Yay! Josh said we can go on Vacation since we weren’t able to for Christmas. I am so excited, just to get away from everything and have time alone with my hubby!
One last big news is we are hoping to add a new addition to our family!.....and no, I don't mean a baby (not yet)..But a puppy! Josh and I finally feel as though we could handle one..During my long days at school Josh is probably going to take him or her with him to work so it doesn't have to stay in a kennel all day.
We are tossed up between a pound puppy. When Josh was younger he had a half lab half something else. He said it was seriously the best dog, so I guess he really would love to get another one. I've always heard little pound puppies really do make great dogs. Or my dream dog is a Siberian husky! Josh really loves those too..Eventually we will have on of both, but now we are trying to find a SH breeder and in the mean time we will be looking for a breeder. Who knows how long it will be though.
Well I better run..about time for me to go get ready for rehearsal.
Until next time.
Here is a picture the newspaper took of us..its not really that good..but just a little idea of our piece.


Hope everything goes well with Josh's tryouts and your dancing. I'm excited for yall getting a dog. It will be great if Josh can take it to work some times. Titus goes with Nathan a few days a week now just for fun and he loves it. He is so sad if Nathan leaves for work without him!
ReplyDelete