I am sometimes a very impatient person. I often want to know the plans ASAP! Well the last three years of my life definitely haven't been that way. I've had to sit back and let God take the wheel. Right when I think I know the directions he is taken us in, suddenly He takes a sharp turn, keeping us on our toes. Sometimes it's exciting, and sometimes it's quite confusing. However the scripture "He ways are better then ours and thoughts higher then ours" from Isaiah 55:9 has been forever implanted in my brain, because every time we take one of those turns I am brought back to that scripture and it brings me peace and comfort.
About three weeks ago I had found some land that was pretty much amazing! The locations was great, the price was great, 25 acres! However there was a possibility that only 5 acres of it was usable to build a home and the rest was wet land. After having a few guys we know come look at it they pretty much agreed. It was great hunting land, and maybe a few acres for a home, but that's about it. After a little thinking and praying Josh decided to pass it up. I was so excited, but once again was let down :(
About a week ago I asked Josh what he wanted to know. We are both a little anxious to get out of our little shoe in the box home. We love it, but we are out growing it! Josh mentioned the idea of finding a home to buy and flipping it and in the meanwhile still looking out for land. We understand the economy is a little iffy right now for buying a home and trying to sell it and we don't know what the future holds, but the good thing about Valdosta is it is a college town, meaning college students are always looking for a good, cheap rental home. So we figured if we could find a nice place we could remodel, live in it until we found land we could either sell it or rent it out. So of course I jumped to the gun. Looking for places in the area we want and is workable for what we want to do with it. We found a really cute brick home 3bedroom 1 1/2 bath that has at least acres and is in a really nice neighborhood not to far from town. I was a little hesitant because of the brick (no, I'm not a big brick fan) but we have a lot of ideas!
Once we looked at it figured it was something we could definitely work with we decided to make the go ahead.
Sunday Josh met with our realtor to make an offer on the place. We are suppose to know something my tomorrow (Tuesday). I am trying to not to get my hopes up about it, because as much as I would love for it to work out I want God's Will for us and I don't want to get into anything we are going to suffer for later. Only time will tell I suppose :)
Sabian is growing like a weed. He is 12weeks old and is 20 solid pounds. He has almost doubled is weight in the last four weeks. I have no doubt it will be a big boy!
He is doing a little better with house training. It has been hard because of the rain we have had all week, so taking him out isn't much fun, because he comes back filthy and wet (and with all that fur it takes forever to dry). He is such a funny dog and it's funny to watch all the little things he does. Lately I have only allowed about 2-3 toys down a day so he doesn't get bored of them. Well he recently found out where I keep the other toys and will climb the distance to reach them and pull them all down. It's pretty funny watch! Now that he is 12 weeks the vet has given us permission to take him out around where other dogs are. We are suppose to be having a cookout with our young marrieds group tomorrow and they all are excited to see the little guy! I don't have any recent pictures of him on my computer, but when I get some I will post them.
Well I guess its time for me to hit the pillow. I will keep you updated on the house. Mean time praying for God's Will!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment