Monday, August 3, 2009

You live and you learn

So my summer is almost over :( The 17th I start school back with a full schedule. I am not really sure what this semester will hold for me as far as performance opportunity goes. My professor asked me last semester about possibly going to perform in D.C. at an improv festival. I of course jumped to the offer. However, I haven't heard anymore about it, so I am not sure if it's still on for this fall. So besides about being to start school we still are working on the house. I'd say we are about half way done (or maybe not quite half way, but close). We have almost of the demolition done, so it's not to the re-framing.
We had a little set back, a very long story, but Friday night some of Josh's VERY expensive tools were stolen. We believe we know who took them, however we don't know them and don't know where they took off too, but it a couple of guys had stopped by the day before and sold Josh some tools. They gave Josh a real convincing story that they needed to get rid of these tools they had just bought because a job fell through, and they didn't have the receipt to return them, and they needed the money really bad, blah, blah, blah...So Josh being the nice guy he was bought them for half of what he would of paid at Lowes and was real excited about them...He also showed the guys the house....Well the tools he bought were also stolen, so we just have a good feeling that they had another plan...It's sad that people are so pathetic. Josh was upset, but I guess you live and you learn.
I'm not really worried about people breaking in when we live there, because right now the house is obviously not lived in, but we do have an alarm system the home that will be hooked up when we move in.
Other than that, we are still pretty much on track and working hard every day to get the house done :)

Sabian is getting big..Speaking of robbers, etc...I know he is kind of learning that we are his owners and when things are un-natural. Anytime anyone comes to the door he gets on edge and barks real deep at the door. Definitely a different bark then when he his playing; tonight Josh was working late and it was just me and Sabian at home. Someone drove up and honked their horn. Sabian knew that was natural and he started barking a lot. He knew it kind of scared me because one why would someone at 10pm be at my front door honking their horn. I took my phone and went to the back room. Sabian stayed right there and barked at the door and then came to the room to "check on me" and went back to the door, it was nice to know he was so protective over me. However I am sure if I opened the door he would of just covered them with kisses..haha! It's nice though that he is finally in that protective stage. I think a deep dog bark just makes me feel safe, because I know that can scare a lot of people away.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to know that you have some protection when your hubby is away? I love having Titus at night when Nathan is gone! So sorry about the tools! It's so sad when people take advatage of other generosity.

    ReplyDelete