So, I'm always one for surprises. I love surprises, well good ones :)
When Josh and I first got married (well even before) we always had hidden stuff around the house that we would find. Whether I would leave him a note on his car window, or he would write something on the mirror like, "How I love my princess." so that I would always view myself as a princess, better yet his princess.
We still do that every once in awhile...but I'm learning that affirmations may not be much of Josh's love language. I mean I know he needs them, everyone does..but writing a letter or note to him every day I don't know if it really makes him feel loved. Or maybe he is just expects it, so it get's kind of old.
So I was praying the other day and asking God how to really show my love to Josh. I decided that once a week I was going to do something special for him. Whether it is a note, acts of service, a gift, etc... I would do it every day, but I don't want him to expect it.
I don't have any ideas what I'm going to do, which is strange for me, because I'm a big planner. I normally sit down and will make a list, but I really had no clue...so I prayed...I felt like this week I was suppose to show him love through his stomach..haha! I know sounds strange. I went to the grocery store last night and got stuff to make blueberry muffins (his all time favorite) and a card (just had too). I made them and hid them in the fridge for the morning. I woke up at about 6am and pulled them out to have them on the counter with the card for when he left in the morning for work. Not sure his reaction, because I was kind of asleep..but I was awaken by a big kiss and "I Love you!"
I figured it made him smile :)
I am not sure what I will do next week..but I pray God gives me something good and different.
If you have any good ideas, feel free to post them..
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Aw, you're the sweetest! I know your hubby appreciates it, those little things just to show you care are so important!
ReplyDelete