Lately I've been longing for the weekends to come and they do quickly because I am so busy during the week that the next thing I now it's Friday, but with that it means the weekends fly by fast too!
This weekend was pretty fun (still not over yet, I have several hours before it's over). Friday after rehearsal I pretty much stayed home all day. Josh was home working on our master bathroom, so it was a good relaxing night. I grilled chicken and we sat and watched "All About Steve" which was cheesy, funny! Saturday morning Josh and I decided to take the dogs out for a run (which ended up being more of a walk, because they wanted to sniff every mail box in our neighborhood). It was nice to explore the somewhat neighborhood and allow the dogs to get some energy out. Saturday afternoon I met my mom and sisters to go to a friend of ours baby shower. It was nice to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile. I came home and we (Josh and I) planned on going out. Somehow we got stuck watching an end of a silly movie and then another movie. One of Tyler Perry's movie, I forget the name but it was something like "Why we married," I'm not sure. It was close to 9p.m. so we decided to pause it (Yay for DVR) and go to IHOP for dinner! It was nice and we had a good conversation. Don't you just love it when you have a good detailed conversation with your husband? Sometimes I feel like I rarely get to talk to him during the week, so it felt good to talk about random things!
This morning we decided to go to church! I love our church and the pastor! His messages are always so great and we never leave there questioning what he meant, but instead they are messages that can help you day to day! This month he has a serious that is sort of based off the book "Love and Respect." Which is also what we are doing in our young married group. He and his wife are both giving the message this whole month. It was good, but at the end he had us sing this song that was really beautiful 1st to God as worship and then face our spouse and sing it to each other. It was so sweet. You could tell some people were nervous (aka Prideful), but it was really awesome seeing all these couples hold their beloveds hand and sing into their eyes! I thought it was a great end to the service! It made my day hearing my man sing such sweet words to me!
Okay, so the only sucky part about my day was going to the grocery store. Josh had planned to go with me, but because of the weather we have had he decided to stay home and clean the yard (which is what he is still doing). So I tackled the grocery shopping alone :/
Tonight we are going over to watch the Super Bowl with our Married Group! Even though the Packers aren't playing I'm still sporting my Packer shirt in hopes that one day I will see them in the Super Bowl! I'm making bean and cheese dip and cupcakes!!
So, Monday is coming soon enough and I will be back to busy days and a wait for Friday to arrive again!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know that his is a few days old...haha, but that part about the singing to spouses is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you guys today! I never see or really hear about you much at all, but I'm happy to know that you are doing well!