Monday, June 28, 2010

All about cleaning.

Since we moved in our new home in December I haven't had to do much cleaning of the house, other than the usual. I've noticed something’s in each room that has been bothering me and either needed to be cleaned or organized, but I find it getting so overwhelming. So I decided a few weeks ago that I would take one day to each room and clean/ organize thoroughly. I have 8 rooms and I was hoping to do 1 room every day until I have it all cleaned. I started with the kitchen and cleaned and wiped out all the cabinets, etc. I organized and threw away some food. The next day I did the living room. Cleaned under the couches, wiped the base boards, and organized our DVD’s that had been in boxes in our shelves since we moved in. The next day, my niece came to stay with us for two nights and I decided to take the rest of that week off and spend some time with her. Then the next week we went out of town for the whole week. I decided I would start back this week and finish the rest of the rooms. Today I did the office, which was the one room I was dreading. When we moved in a lot of our extra stuff went in there and it was so unorganized. I planned on splitting the room up. First, organizing and then cleaning, but once I got started I just couldn't stop! I finished all in a few hours! It looks and feels so much better! Tomorrow will either be the guest bathroom (which isn't that bad) or the guest room (has a lot of organizing).
Once it is all done I'm just going to try and maintain it instead of letting it get bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment