The other day I was mowing the lawn and noticed one of our trees had these blue berries growing off of it. I opened it up to see if the center was white (blueberries have a white middle) and sure enough they did. I was hesitant to try one (if you knew me when I was little you most likely know the story of me eating what I thought was blueberries, they weren't..I got really sick, so let's just say I learned from that mistake). I showed Josh when he got home & he agreed they looked like blueberries. He went ahead and tasted them & thought it tasted like them too. We decided to ask our neighbor, who seriously knows everything, he confirmed them. I thought it was strange that blueberries were growing from this tree. It’s like 6' tree. We bought a blueberry bush this spring, but the squirrels and birds starting eating the berries. Josh also hacked a lot of the tree down when we first moved here, because it was growing all crazy. For some reason the little berries survived! Josh went and picked them off the tree before any little creature gets to it first.
I was surprised how many were on the tree once they were all picked.
The bowl doesn't look that big in this picture,but it's a large mixing bowl


I’m trying to think about what I can make with them. Of course Blueberry muffins are a must!
I love having fresh produce! Josh and I already have plans for a small garden in the back yard. Our neighbors have some and have already given us tons of veggies! They also have chickens and have blessed us with a few dozen eggs at least every other week. We eat a lot of eggs, so it has been so great to have fresh/free produce. Now we just need a neighbor with a cow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment