After we got broken into I was real nervous about staying in the house alone. It made Josh and I think about what we would do if someone came into the house while we were there. A year ago we got a dog (and then another later) because I really wanted one to make me feel safe when Josh was gone, and they are extra sensitive at night. The crazy thing is someone broke into our house in the middle of the day.
We decided an alarm system would be the best. Then Josh's grandmother told Josh he needed to get me a gun and teach me to shoot good (She was real serious about it, it was funny). Josh thought that was a good idea.
Last weekend we had a gun show in Valdosta at the conference center and Josh woke me up and took me. We spent a loooong time there, looking at all the different kind of guns and getting some information about what is legal and what isn't. The prices there were surprisingly low (we weren't sure what to expect). They had a lot of cool looking guns, even pink ones (as cute as it was I wanted someone to take me serious if I was ever in a situation and not let them think it was a fake gun or something). Josh told me to hold a few and pick one that felt good. He also wanted me to get one with some power (enough to keep someone down if I had to shoot). After being there for several hours I found one I liked and of course me being a budget shopper it was a great deal too! Of course Josh got a few things too.
Sunday, Josh took me target shooting and taught me how to properly use it and load it, etc...
I'm not a big gun person, they do make me nervous. I don't mind going to target shoot, but to think they there may be a day I have to use this, it's scary. I am not sure what I would do. I guess it's good at a young age I am prepared and learning how to handle a gun properly.
Hopefully we can get the Security system in soon, but until then I do feel a little safer when Josh is gone I have a way to protect myself.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


More break ins actually occur during the day instead of at night! We are in the process of having our security system put in, it isn't fully installed because had a problem with our wiring that has to be fixed but the signs are already up so that that is the 1st line of defense. haha
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you guys were broken into! Did they get away with much?
ReplyDelete