Monday, January 26, 2009

not fun being sick

not being sick for over a year I forgot what it's like to be stuck in bed and not want to do anything. I have had a busy weekend trying to not let it this drag me down, so the tissues were my best friend all weekend. However on Sunday I had done all I could do and I was pretty much in bed all day. Thanks to my wonderful husband I didn't have to get out of bed he brought everything to me and did the house chores. I am really thankful to have him in my life :)


This weekend I helped throw a baby shower for my dear friend Amanda. She is having her first baby and I was beyond thrilled to help decorate for baby shower. I love throwing little parties and so when her mom asked me to be in charge of the decorations I was excited! I decided to go with the theme of the nursery, Classic Winnie the Pooh. I had so much fun coming up with ideas. I guess we better start saving now,because I already have ideas for our baby's nursery..haha!
Here is a picture of the tables I decorated. Oh and all the pooh stuff she can use in the baby's room!






and the picture of the food table, without all the food. I didn't make the diaper cake I must confess.







Our quality time "schedule" has worked great so far. We have had to adjust some days due to me being sick and not wanting to do anything, but sleep. Saturday was our "date" night (we moved it to Friday because I wasn't feeling well, but ended up just sucking it up to go out on Saturday), but we ended up going out with my Elisabeth and Jesse, Bekah and her boyfriend Justin and His brother and his sister-in-law (Jenny and Chris) We had a great time and enjoyed other company! I think we are going to try and make it at least a once a month outing :)




We are starting the week all over again. Today I have been just taking it slow. Since I have no other choice but to get out of bed. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my fullest days so I am hoping I am fully well by tomorrow. Josh has been busy working all week, but took Saturday off to do some needed things at home. Other then that nothing else is new.




Until Next time...




P.S. Here is a few pictures of the entertainment center Josh built (I helped stained) a few weeks ago..isn't it amazing?!! I married such a crafty man :)




















2 comments:

  1. Yall did a wonderful job! The entertainment center looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure you knead the dough long enough for it to develop the gluten, roll it out, slather on lots of butter, sugar and cinnamon, roll them up, slice, place in your pan, let rise and bake (but don't burn!). Then drizzle liberally with lots of XXXsugar icing. UMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete