Monday, February 2, 2009

Another week has come

So it's been about a week since I last blogged.
The week seems to go by so fast, too fast. However my weeks are sooo busy that the weekend is usually here before I know it.

Sunday we had a Super Bowl party at my parents house. That was a blast! It was nice to spend time with some friends and I also got to throw a party which I love doing, but don't have the space to do it at my house. It was nice of my mom to allow it to take place at her house :)
Maybe next year our house will be finished to have a Superbowl party at my own place.
Speaking of the house plans, not much has happened. We are kind of at a hold because of Josh's football. We have to see how tryouts will go etc... before we can proceed.

So far our quality nights have been successful! We both feel like we are getting that time we need and want with each other and the time to do the other things that need to get done.
Josh is going out of town this weekend. Him and his sister are going to Atlanta to work out the tomb stone for his dad. I really wanted to be with him, but he has actually made plans to spend some time with a few buddies he hasn't seen in awhile and he is going to just crash at their place. So it's going to be a bitter-sweet weekend for him. For me I am not sure what I am going to do. I was thinking about having a Sushi Party at the house with some girls from the school (if they will come). Of course I don't know how to make it, but I think I can get a kit or something..haha! We will see.

I've been able to get myself on a schedule this week. The first few weeks when school started back were kind of rough. Now I am able to get up earlier and I make Josh and I a good breakfast (of course he really enjoys that). I've always wanted to be a mom who gets up and makes her family breakfast, but it's always been so hard on me. I love my sleep! However, I have gotten up and last week I made quiche and that lasted us a few mornings (I think I'm gonna' do that again). I am also going to try homemade cinnamon rolls! Josh is great though he even will come in the kitchen and help me. So it ends up being us making breakfast together before going our separate ways. I am hoping that when we have kids it will be a stuck tradition :) I also have been getting myself to the gym. The first few weeks I was so sore from dance classes I could barely move. Now my body is getting use to a 5 hour dance class twice a week so on the other days I am getting in the gym to do cardio which I've kicked up to 45 mins instead of 30. Hopefully this schedule will stick.

Valentines Day is only a few weeks away and I am trying to get some ideas.
When Josh and I got married I talked to him about how I felt with Holidays and Anniversary's etc. I felt that society puts so much pressure on guys and women kinda get a free pass when it comes to romance. That it's always up to the guy. I have ideas that would be cool in my idea to do, so on our first Valentines together we drew a name and that person would be the one who would start off our tradition of changing off every year to plan Valentines Day! Our first Valentines Josh's name was drawn. I came home late from being at dance class and walked into our 1st apartment to rose petals leading to the bathroom were there was a hot bath waiting for me with candles (now a hot bath is my weakness.haha) When I got out I made my way to the living room to a beautiful candle lit dinner in the middle of the living room. It was beautiful! He had made a wonderful meal. When I sat down I notice these pair of diamond earrings sitting next to candle (they were sparkling away)!
Our 2nd Valentine was my turn. I had tons of idea going through my head, but ended up doing a dinner as well. I had gotten these really cool wall type things and put them outside to kinda block anyone from seeing us..(our backyard is kinda open to people who may be driving or walking by). I lit a small fire in the back to keep us warm and of course lit candles. So we had a candle light dinner under the stars! We also exchanged a small gift!
Our 3rd Valentines we actually decided to go to our church's Valentine banquet. We wanted to have a chance to meet other couples from our church. It was fun! So this year it's kinda my year to plan something....Not sure what to do..haha..so any ideas are welcomed right now :) I was thinking something wild?! .............like camping..hahaha!!

Well it's getting late and I need to study before I turn in for the night!
Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. It's my year to plan also! I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet. It's cool to know other girls that like to plan romantic things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! It is so good to see you on here. You two are totally building a great foundation in your relationship before you start having kids. Enjoy all that quality time while you can. Looking forward to learning more about your life. Give your mom and dad a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete