Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It finally has happened to me...

Sabian chewed up one of my shoes...ahhh!! Yes, I was frustrated, but it was a matter of time. I have tried almost everything, gotten new toys and traded them out, new bones, etc...He just would rather chew on something that he knows he isn't supposed too. Oh boy! He is a funny little guy though. He loves playing with us. He would rather play with us then his toys. We try and play ball with him and throw the toys, but he would rather come and try and tackle us. We are currently still doing the house training. He is doing well for it only being two weeks at home. He has an accident maybe once every other day, which was probably our fault. Time goes by so fast I forget when I last took him out. We are working on sit and stay ( "wait") when it’s time to feed, we don't want him toppling us over to get to his food when he is bigger. Also we try and bug him as much as we can when he is eating. I know many dogs that are quite protective over their food and don’t want anyone messing with it. So we want to stop that now, especially for when our little ones come alone. Also, one of my pet peeves about dogs is the attack of people when they first come in the door. A lot of people don't mind it when they are little, and rarely think twice about it because they are so cute, but when this 60+ dog who still thinks he is a up tackles you at the door isn't so cool, so we are working now when we come in the door (and usually it's Josh because I'm already home) he has to sit and wait for Josh to come to his level. Right now he is just working with the fact of what "no", "sit", "wait", etc..means! I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. Needles to say I have enjoyed him even with all the other things that come along with it.
Josh had his first game on Saturday in Louisiana. They lost, but it was kind of expected because they team had only practiced for one week together and this is an indoor league, which is totally different than outdoor, rules and all. So they team got a taste of what that was like. However there were over 3,000 people in the arena. I was very sad I wasn't able to make it to his first game, but I was able to watch it and listen to (it was a horrible video and I could only see little blobs on the screen) on the internet. At least I got play by play action!
He got home last Sunday night. His next game is somewhere in Texas, and I am praying I can go this time!

I spent most of my weekend doing school work and home sick...blah! I did however get to enjoy some of the Rose show festivals in Thomasville. I went to the Rose Parade Friday night with my sister and London and we ate dinner together, a great treat! And then Saturday we all got up early to go support my mom for her 2nd year Rose city 10k run! She was first place in her age division running 6 miles in 48mins. Whew! That just gets me out of breath thinking about it! We are all very proud of her :)

So school is almost over for the summer!!!! I am finishing up my last week of regular classes and then next week I have to go in for a few finals. Friday is my choreography class big concert. As a class all 10 of us had to create a piece and we will put it on stage Friday in an informal concert. I'm excited and nervous too, because I am also dancing in other pieces.

Friday after the concert my sister and I are heading for a girls weekend! A friend of ours is getting married and she is having a weekend bachorelette party. I am excited about getting away and hanging with some ladies. I haven't done that in a long while. Then right back home Sunday morning for my QUOLA (after school program I teach at) small recital. Busy, busy, I am!

Well time for me to get ready for my last class of the day! Until next time:

Here are a few pics of Sabian. It's hard to tell in these pics but I promise he has grown at least 5 inches..haha! He weighs about 15 pounds now and is 8 weeks old.


chillen out

Sabian and his football! Sabian SMiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment