
To go into a little more detail about our trip; we left Thursday night to head to Atlanta (we were grateful enough to have some family who let us crash at their place for the night). Josh's sister Heaven went with us because her and Josh needed to finalize something’s pertaining to their dad. So we decided to go ahead and do that on Friday morning since we couldn't get the little guy until Friday night. So after doing that and doing a little bit of shopping we headed to Cornelia’s, GA (About an hour and half from where we where). Well little did we know that Friday was going to have really bad weather. On our way we would listen to the radio to hear county after county in north GA was under tornado watch. About 20 mins before we made it to Cornelia’s the weather started getting ready bad and we were under a tornado warning. The sky went to light and pitch black and raining so hard in about 5 mins. I started to panic (naturally) and we decided to turn around to the gas station we had just passed (I mean we could barely see where we were going). I really started to freak out because the weather was getting sooo bad and I was just waiting for a tornado to sweep us up..haha..I know, I know, but you should have been there. The time we pulled into the gas station hail started coming down like crazy! We stayed in the gas station for about 20 minutes along with several other people. It was a very interesting day for us. All the way home we were pretty much following the storm. It never got to bad where we had to stop again, but we saw a lot of debris and cops where tornados must have come through the interstate. Needless to say we made it home and safe (even though it was almost 2am)
Sabian has been really good. Already starting to use the bathroom outside and eating well. We are still trying to get him use to the kennel. He slept fine in the kennel when we got home, but then woke up at 5:30 wanting to play. Josh got up and took him outside hoping he just needed to go out, but he wasn't ready to go back to bed. We decided since Josh had to get up early to go out of town again (another long story, for another long blog) and already the lack of sleep we locked him in our room and took everything off the floor that he might chew. He ended up laying and sleeping between our bed and his. It was really cute. Not sure if we will do that again, because we want him to get use to the cage (we found some really good training tips but know it’s going to take awhile before he gets use to it). However when Josh had to get up at 7am I couldn't get him to settle back down, which meant I had to get up with him...blah! haha. I felt like I was taking care of a baby.
We went to the park today for a big Easter egg hunt our church was throwing for the community. Both Josh's family and mine where coming. He was overly loved by family and strangers. I couldn't pass anyone without them saying something about him or wanting to pet him. He was quite the rock star! Since the lack of sleep Sabian and I came home crawled up on the coach and fell asleep for a good 45mins (I love naps, just wish I had more time for them, but today was much needed). Now we are all three home relaxing, the little guy is getting his last play in before we try bedtime again. "Please Lord let it be better than last night."
Here are some pictures of the little guy!
Little Sabian! Me and my baby boy
My nephew loved him and didn't want to let go.


So cute!! He looks really soft. It will probably be a while before he can go all night. I was still pumping when we got Titus so I would wake up about 3:30 and take him out to potty and put him back in his cage. If you hang a blanket over the front of his cage it helps too.
ReplyDeleteHow precious and congrats on the new family member!
ReplyDelete