Friday night my mom, sisters and I had a girl’s night! We planned on eating and going to see Dear John. We did both, but during our eating it started to snow! We were thrilled and ran outside to see the biggest snowflakes pouring down! My mom was so excited, because she hasn't seen snow in a long time. She was born and raised in Idaho, so she is use to snow days all the time. When she moved to Georgia she knew she wanted us girls to "experience" the snow, so we also were brought up seeing the snow (visiting Idaho several times). We all love the winter time, but it's hard when it's only cold and we don't have a white winter. The snow didn't last long so we decided to go ahead and see the movie. Dear John was ok. I read the book and I felt like it "ruined" it for me. The movie was so different than the book (I know this is always the case, but it really was different), so I found myself more upset that they changed or left our important parts. Otherwise the movie was ok. When I got home my husband talked me into playing PlayStation with him. I’m not much of a video game person, but I decided I would and I did have fun, but only could take staring at the TV. for so long.
Saturday night Josh and I ordered pizza and watched a movie. It was a relaxing night with my love! After the movie though I was told I needed to go somewhere other than the kitchen. Josh had something he had to make. So I took that time and started a new book (Nicholas Sparks "The Choice").
Sunday (Valentine's Day)morning I woke up to this!
A beautiful card, roses, jewelry, Chocolate Wine, bath stuff (I love my hot baths), and a homemade Carmel cake (my all time favorite)!
A part of my gift was to relax all day, which honestly was really hard, Josh kept having to tell me to sit down and relax. He went to the grocery store for me (which he knows I don't enjoy having to do every week) and cooked a wonderful dinner! We then watched two movies we recorded off of HBO.
Overall it was a very relaxing Valentine's Day!
I can't believe this is our 5th Valentines as a married couple! We do share our love for each other more than once a year. I love being married to Josh and I fall in love with him more everyday! I'm so glad I have him in my life and that I can call him my valentine!
It's just excited to see how far we've come and to use Valentine’s Day as a day to remember it and see how much our love has grown each year!
I hope all my readers had a great Valentine's Day!
Blessings*
Me and my "boys" watching daddy cook dinner!





Cute! I can imagine what's in that bag!! :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute Valentines gifts! Nathan gave me cupcakes, chocolates, and a card and said this is half of it...still not sure what the other half is because it's a surprise but he wont tell me when. haha
ReplyDelete