So, I've learned that when you only have dogs in the house (no kids) your dogs eventually think they are your kids and act like real human beings. As much as I love them, they are truly a handful (or two). I thank God we have a big back yard that is fenced in, minus a few places they have tried and succeeded to get out it is nice to let them out in the morning and run their energy out. However, I am at a loss on why they run for awhile, but then lay and soak up sun the rest of the day, where when I bring them back inside they run around the house all day. Makes no sense to me...
We are still having a hard time getting Sabian to gain weight. He is a year old and is boarder lining 50 pounds. We also have to give him extra yummy stuff in his food, because otherwise he won't "waste" his time to eat. How come some dogs are sooo picky? He doesn't eat people food, so he has never had to option of people food or dog food. The dog isn't lacking any energy though. He can run and leap anywhere. His favorite game with Oakley is chase, because Oakley cannot keep up with him. He wants to play all the time. He will bark at Oakley all day until he plays with him. We have noticed the last few months though he got "jealous" of Oakley always being in our laps, so he decided he wanted to be right there too. He will try and snuggle with us and lay with us, but it only last a few minutes. The last month he has been shedding. I knew we were going to have to deal with this when we got him, but we knew it would only be 2 a year that he would shed (according to the books we've read about Siberian Huskies). This is not even funny. It is all over the house and all over us. I have to seriously sweep and vacuum every day. We have an undercoat brush and try to keep him brushed every day to speed up the process. We easily can brush enough to stuff a pillow each day. I have no clue where all the hair is coming from! I have noticed he is looking less fluffy, so hopefully he is almost done, because this is getting ridicules!
Oakley, he is our "baby". Seriously! He wines about everything!! If Sabian steels his bone (yes, if we don't have two bones out Sabian steels it, even sometimes he will take them both) Oakley will literally run up to you and plop himself down right on your foot and wine. If you ask him what is wrong he will get up and walk you towards Sabian to show you he has his bone. This happens at least once a day. Oakley takes his bones everywhere; they are like a blanket to him. I will tell him it’s time to go outside and he runs and gets his bones. It's funny, but the negative side is when I call them in he runs up and then turns around and goes and gets this nasty black thing, which later I discover was the bone he took outside with him..yeah, yuck! He is a lot calmer and relaxed than Sabian is. He sleeps whenever and wherever and he loooovvves to cuddle! At night, Josh and I will be on the couch snuggling and thing here is Oakley's huge paw trying to get up with you. At first it was fine...when he was 20 pounds, but now all 63 pounds of him still wants to get up and cuddle with you, and he doesn't care if there are two people already on the couch, he will try and fit. Opposite from Sabian he is a good eater. While I was gone, Josh let him out all night and is now out of is kennel and can stay out all night with Sabian. Now I can get rid of the huge kennel that takes up space in our dining room! He is doing really good and hasn't had one accident. However, when the sun come up both the boys run to our bedroom and Sabian leaps on our bed. He is not allowed on our bed, but in the morning, when you are barely awake it's hard to get him off, because he jumps right back on. (Yeah, I guess we need to lay down the law more in that area). It wouldn't bother me so much, except he tries to get right between us and then he sits and watches you. If you open your eyes he gets excited and starts to lick your face (yeah, not something I want in the morning). Oakley can't get up on the bed yet (lack off springy legs) and either 1. Wines 2. plops himself down beside the bed or 3. He wakes you up with these huge paws scratching your face in attempt to get on the bed.
This seriously makes me feel like I have kids, however I think kids would be easier because they don't lick you or scratch you in the morning. Of course this ritual of waking us up is to let them outside to play.
We do love our doggies, but who knew they would be a lot like kids..?
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment