Its 2010 Wow! Where has the time gone?! It amazes me how when you get older time just flies bye. I remember celebrating New Years when I was little and it was more about the hype of it all, I never really cared about the fact that it was another year. Now it is so different for me. I reflect back on 2009 and I think about what I accomplished, or haven’t (haha). 2009 was a busy year for us. It went by real fast (school really can consume ones time). It was filled with many disappointments, but with that we saw God work in other ways. In July we bought our first home. I started my senior year at VSU in the Fall. The rest of our 2009 was spent pouring much time and sweat into our new home. A total remodel! On paper it doesn’t feel like we have accomplished much, but we have learned a lot. Our marriage has grown in a new way; we have overcome many bumps in our path and have come out of it stronger. August was a year since we lost Josh’s daddy, and even thought it has been a hard, EXTREMELY HARD year we pulled through and we did it together. I wouldn’t say I’m sad to see 2009 go, it wasn’t a bad year, but I am ready for a new year to begin. 2010 holds many promises and I am sure many new adventures J I just know God has something up His sleeve for us this year!
I don’t have any New Year resolutions for 2010, but I pray that this year will be a prosperous year, we will flourish in relationships. We will meet people that we can relate to and bond with here in Valdosta. I pray that Josh and I’s marriage will continue to grow deeper roots. We will continue to serve each other and put one another first. I pray that the Lord will reveal himself to us more this year and He will continue to guide our path during this New Year and direct us in the way we should go. I pray that we will be an open vessel and God can use us to show His love and mercy too people we may come across this year. Lord, may be a year we will remember as a blessed and enriching year!
Josh and I actually had the chance to “celebrate” the New Year together and managed to be a real relaxing night. We have spent 5 New Years together as a married couple. Our first year we were still honeymooning, and I don’t recall exactly how we spent it. 2006 and 2007 we were out of town do to work Josh had, so we spent those two New Years as a guest at a friend’s place and I’m not even sure if we made it to midnight. Last year we decided to go out with my family, and well sometimes expectations just don’t get filled. We went out to eat and then went downtown and Valdosta had put a ball up that would drop at midnight. There were a lot of people and somehow Josh and I got separated, yes exactly at midnight, it sucked! So, this year we decided that just Josh and I would go out to eat (Mom and Dad’s Italian restaurant) and then come home watch the ball drop on TV. with a fire and some champagne. And that we did! It was a nice evening and definitely filled our expectations! I even got my New Years kiss this time!!
Today, the first day of 2010, I spent half of it finishing our hall bath (painting, cutting in, decorating, etc…). The other half was spent getting a pedicure, dinner and good conversation with two of my close girlfriends! So overall it was a very nice start to a New Year!
So I’m not sure what this year will hold, but I’m not worried about it one bit. I know God has it all planned out and I’m ready to just hop on for the ride! I have a good feeling it’s going to be great!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment