The vet definitely said he will be a big boy and probably soon grow past Sabian. He is 4 months old and weighs a whopping 38.5 pounds!!
Sabian only weighs a little over 50 pounds and will be a year old in a month. So Oakley definitely is going to be able to take down his older brother.
They are both doing really good with the transition to the new house. They pretty much stay out back all day, because we are still doing some construction inside and we are constantly inside and out, so there is no keeping them inside.
We are having a little problem with Sabian eating. The vet would like to see him gain a little more weight, but he understands that they are so active that it would require a lot of eating, and Sabian just isn't an eater, unless it's people food! I decided to get some canned food and mix it with his regular dry food (of course he looves that) and feed him about three times a day. Hopefully that will help. For a dog he is a real picky eater. He doesn't like any of his vitamins, heartworm or flea and tick pills. I've tried hiding it in his food, but he will eat around it. We have to hide it with a treat so he doesn't smell it and then keep his chin up so he doesn't spit it out. Yeah he is a pretty smart dog! We are so blessed, haha!
Like I said he will be 1 years old on the 22nd of Feb. I know, it's still a month away, but unless we plan something in advance we will get to busy and time will get here before I know it and we just wont do anything. Our young marrieds group all have doggies, so I was thinking of having a cook-out and having them bring there pups. We have a huge fenced in area, so we would have plenty of room for them to all run around and play! Just an idea, but I guess I will wait until it gets a little closer.
Oakley, like I said will eat anything. He loves anything he can put in his mouth and eat, even a pill! We were still trying to house train him before we moved, so when we got to the new house it kind of mixed him up, so we still are working on the "potty outside."
The boys love each other though! They love to play together and tease each other. It's quite funny to watch them.
Here are some pictures of the boys!
*Sabian*
*Oakley was napping, but woke up when he saw me taking a picture. Did I mention he snores, it's pretty funny*


No comments:
Post a Comment