Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Routine

I have been trying to get myself back in a normal routine. With the house project and the holidays it has gotten me all off my normal routine. We usually are awake until the wee-hours working on the house and that means I don't get up early like I use too. When I was in school I was up about 7am every morning. Either Josh was already gone for work or he was still sleeping. I love having my quite time in the morning. My usual routine was getting up, making my coffee, checking my mail e-mail real quick (had to make sure non-of my classes were canceled) and then sitting down and reading and spending some time with Jesus!
It wasn't a set routine, especially with school sometimes I was up earlier because of homework I had to finish, or slept in later because I was up so late with homework or rehearsal. Either way I was on a pretty good routine.
Like I said now I am pretty out of whack! I start school Monday (ugh, I know). I am trying to get myself back together and set a routine I would like to keep (at least for the first few weeks, until I know more of my school schedule). I have been going to bed an hour earlier each night, and waking up and hour earlier each day. So, hopefully by the end of this week I will be back at waking up at about 7am!
I get up, make my coffee (which I can finally do because we have our counter tops in), let the dogs out, then sit and read my Bible and a women's devotion.
Today I started a new workout, P90X. I'm sure you have heard of it, everyone has!
I haven't been able to work out either since school stopped and I have felt myself depleting. It's true when they say "If you don't use it, you lose it." My sister in-law let me borrow her P90X she had bought a few months back, s0 today I thought I would give it a try!
I tried to convince Josh to take a break from working on the house for a little bit to do it with me, but he said it was for sissies, haha! Okay, you have to remember this is a man who has worked out almost every day since he was 12 and is a hard-core athlete! So anything to him is sissy, unless you are bench pressing a 1,000 pounds or something extreme like so. Needless to say he's not into Workout Video's!
However, he didn't mind checking in on me a few times, haha! He did admit after that some of those exercises were pretty difficult!
Now, afterwards, I feel kind of like jell-o. Not sure if it was the best choice after having a month off, but I do feel good! I'm just hoping I can move tomorrow, because I would like to try the Day 2 DVD.
I'm not committing to this quite yet, because I am not sure what I am suppose to do if I miss a day, and I know with rehearsals late at night I probably won't be able to do the DVD every day, but like I said, we will see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about your results with P90x. The commercials intrigue me. New car probably won't fit all the grandkids....getting too many for that, but I thought it would hold all my midwifery equipment very nicely.

    ReplyDelete