Saturday, Oakley our lab, turned 1 years old! Right before I left work I picked up some ingredients to make a doggie cake (we did the same thing for Sabians birthday). Josh and I made it together and then let both the boys have half the cake.
We went back and forth all Saturday night about going to the beach the next day and taking the pups with us. Sabian has been to the beach with us once when he was a puppy, but we didn't let him get in the water because it was night time and we didn't want to have to clean him up. Finally after changing our mind several times we decided it would be best to just enjoy a day at home. The money we would spend alone in gas (we only have two trucks that both take guzzle gas) would be too much. So, we decided we are going to wait until we get a smaller vehicle and wait for it to cool down some more.
Sunday, we slept in and then Josh started on a project (the man's got to always be doing something). I did a few chores, but really just enjoyed my first Sunday off in a few weeks. We watched some football (Packers won!) and then ran to Lowes together to pick up a new glass door (burglary proof, seriously)! I also got to pick up a few new plants! We came home and then took Oakley to Pet Smart to get him something for his birthday (pet smart sent us a birthday coupon). It was really funny, because Oakley hasn't been out much and he was so excited, especially when other dogs came around, but we got lots of compliments (yeah, we know he's pretty). We decided to get him this big bone. If you read my other blogs about Oakley he is a bone crazy dog. He always has to have bone to chew on and he carries it around like a blanket (or pacifier). So, what would be better than a HUGE bone for him to have! Plus we have been through toy after toy and it only take a few days before it's chewed up and destroyed into little bitty pieces.
Of course Josh was eager to put the new door up, so I ran to the grocery store to pick up some groceries for the week. The rest of the day went by pretty quick. Grilled some Turkey Bratts and watched the Manning Bowl! It was a nice Sunday!
Here's some pictures of the Birthday boy! bets
Oakley when he was little puppy!
Right when I went to put the cake on the plate it was so moist it fell apart, that's why its so crazy looking, haha!
it so I can get a picture.
Go at it boys!
Josh was making bets on who would finish first.
Oakley's present
Oakley loves his bone
Sabian trying it out



No comments:
Post a Comment