So, a lot has been going on since I last blogged. I really haven't had the time to write and update much.
The last few weeks have been very testing for me. Almost two weeks ago I came home to our side door busted open and over $10,000 worth of our stuff taken. Mostly electronics and my jewelry, as well as a safe that had a little bit of money in it. It was real startling when that is the first thing you come home too. I ran over to my neighbors house immediately. I noticed they weren't home, but a car was in their drive way. A man came out who I didn't know and I asked him if our neighbors were home. He said no, but knew that something was wrong (I guess by my facial expression). I introduced myself and said I lived next door. He knew who I was and once he introduced himself I figured out he was the son of our neighbors and he was on his way to celebrate his mom's birthday. He walked over to the house with me and made sure no one was in there. Then we walked in together. I was in shock when naming all the items these thieves had taken. He and his family (wife and two kids) stayed with me until Josh (and the cops) showed up. This is when I am thankful for good neighbors.
We had an investigator and a few police show. The Lord definitely took control, because the first cop that came, his house was broken into a few week prier, and the second cop who showed, she lives just down the street, so they were both sympathetic.
They fools tried to get our big screen TV. but couldn't get it out of the mantel. The investigator tried to take finger prints, but he informed us it looks like they were wearing gloves. My biggest upset was they took my whole jewelry armoire, filled with ALL my costume jewelry (you know you collect that stuff over the years, and it adds up) and it also had diamond earrings Josh gave me on our first Valentines, a diamond necklace he bought me and ring. Along with a few other sentimental pieces. All the stuff that they took wasn't as upsetting when I found out they took those, because you can't replace the sentimental feeling behind it.
So here we are two weeks later. The first few days I was real nervous to come home after work, and to this day I always make sure no windows are busted or the door is open before I walk in. We are working with our insurance company who is going to probably replace the cost of everything that was taken. Except they will only cover up to $1000 in jewelry and $200 in cash. It was worth more than that, but oh well. The investigator has caught definitely been doing his job. We sent pictures of all my expensive jewelry and so far he has 1 guy he caught that has been associated with over 24 burglaries, but he isn't sure if he matches ours, and then another guy he has as a suspect.
So, enough about that..haha! We have been staying extremely busy, but I'll blog later about that.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment