Friday, December 17, 2010

5 Years ago

2005: I woke up early and headed over the Gin Creek with my family. The hair dresser and my friends were there waiting for me in a little log cabin. It was overcast and most likely going to rain, but I didn't care. My girlfriends and I talked, laughed and relaxed in the Jacuzzi. We were pampered with snacks and such. It was time to start getting ready. I slipped a sparkly white dress on and a veil over my head. The photographer came and was ready to take some photo's of the day I would never forget. I sent over a friend of mine with a gift to the man I was soon going to spend the rest of my life with: a small ring. My parents had given me this ring when I was 13,a commitment of purity. I was ready to give it the man I had promised this to. Soon after I was given the same gift. His sign of commitment and purity.
The anticipation was rising. I was as ready as I could be. My mother had left to go be seated, my girl friends left to go walk down the aisle before me. For just a moment it was just me on the little cabin porch. It was raining, but I didn't even notice. A little white carriage pulled up, with my daddy in it. I got in and we were taking to the wedding site. There was a long aisle and everyone had white umbrella's and the music was playing. My dad took my hand and we walked down the aisle for the last time as a single girl. As soon as I saw him I felt the peace of God all over again. There is was in a white tux, he took my hand when my father kissed me on the cheek. The ceremony was beautiful. We cried and laughed and cried some more. Everything and everyone was a blur except the man I was staring into. The moment was coming...MY FIRST KISS! Not only my first kiss, but the first kiss we would share! The preacher said those sweet little words "You may kiss your bride" and sweetness filled my lips. It happened so quick I'm sure, but when he took me in his arms and put his lips to mine it felt like a lifetime :)

We walked back down the aisle as husband and wife, walking down the aisle of our new life together and the journey of a lifetime!

Present: 5 years ago I married my best friend and we started a new life that little did we know would bring us lots of bumps, trials, joy and laughters ,disapointment and love. These last 5 years have been, wow, I don't think I even have the words for them.
I am so amazed at where we are now in our life, not exactly what I pictured, but I couldn't be more blessed! Marriage is WORK, and if you don't think so, then you 1.aren't married or 2. aren't working at it :) I have to say the hard work over the last 5 years have paid off! We still aren't a "perfect" married couple, and I know we never will be. We will always have to work at our marriage, but it's sooo much more natural. My love for this man is so deep, I can honestly say I love him more than I ever have in my life. I am content in his love, and know that I am his Princess!
I am so excited about the next 5, 10, 15, 20+ years together with this man. He is so remarkable and our marriage is so unique.
Thank you Lord for blessing our marriage. For showing us what real love is!
To my husband, thank you for loving me and treating me like your princess.
I love you more than flowers love the rain.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

5

No comments:

Post a Comment