#20. I'm thankful for great neighbors. Growing up we never had neighbors, and when we did I was little, but our neighbors were great ( we lived in what I like to call a church subdivision, haha! All our church friends lived in the same neighborhood). When I was about 7 years old we moved to Boston, before my parents bought 25 acres out in the middle of nowhere. We had 1 neighbor we knew, and they lived about a 1/2 a mile from us. When Josh and I got married we moved into an apartment and didn't really meet anyone new. People move in and out of apartments, so you never really get to meet good friends.
I was a little worried about moving into a "neighborhood." I've heard too many stories about horrible neighbors. When we bought the house it didn't take long before we had a few families introduce themselves. It was nice to know they were both nice families, but I still was nervous something would go wrong and they wouldn't like us, or vice versa... We've only really meet about 5 families who live really close to us. The family across the street are a sweet older couple, who have a few sons who live right up the road, and then one who lives with them. They have been more than amazing! I almost feel like family. (These are the Hawaiian natives I talked about a few posts ago). Their sons help Josh and I with so much and really watch out for us. If Josh is gone for the night on work one of them will always call or come by and make sure I'm ok. We've had dinners together and boy can they tell you story after story. Our other neighbors are (to the right of us). Have a sweet little family. They are a family I want Josh and I to be like. They have two little boys and they are always outside doing family activities (throwing football or baseball, working outside), I love it! The guy actually came over the other day and volunteered on a Sunday to help Josh smooth all the dirt out. It was so sweet and greatly appreciated!
We just met another of our "neighbors" about a month ago. They are so funny and remind us of another couple we know. We are hoping to get to know them more. I feel safe knowing we are around good people.
So, I guess my fears of "horror neighbors" isn't a panic anymore! Thank you God!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment