Yeah, I know I'm three days behind (I warned you I would be)
#23. This may seem kind of strange to some of you, but (if you are married) have you ever been told right before you got married "Marriage if great, but it's definitely different than being single." I was told that a lot before I got married, but quite didn't understand it until after I got married. Marriage is great, but definitely has different pluses and minuses to being single. haha! I get the same thing when people tell me about having kids. Even though we haven't had any children yet, I think I kind of understand it a little more. I'm sure having kids is great, and no one would trade it for anything, but it's definitely different than having no kids. So here is goes, number 23: I'm Thankful for the, almost, 5 years I've had with my husband without any kids. (everyone gasping now!). About 6 months after we got married I thought about having kids, we both really wanted them, but knew we were in no place financially to have them. We decided on a time frame, of course not keeping God in a box, but a time we would start to try. I can't say it hasn't been hard, seeing all my friends getting pregnant, but to be completely honest I could not imagine having to raise a kid with all we had been going through over the last 5 years. I think our relationship has grown so much and we have learned a lot about each other. When we do have kids, I believe, it will be a lot easier. We won't be learning how to live together and learning how to be parents at the same time. People have their opinions about us and our decision, but I really thank God for the time we have had, just me and my Joshy :) We have been able to do things, most other couples with kids can't do, not everything we planned on, but a lot! We also know God is in control, when we did get the news we were going to have a little one last May, it was great and we were both thrilled! Now that its changed it has allowed us rethink something's and make sure we have done and grown as much as we think we can, before bringing a little Nealey into this world! I am excited for that day, again, to share the news with my family and friends, but until then I'm going to be thankful and enjoy my time with just my hubby and me!
Will write more later on :)
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I totally agree! I'm so glad we waited to have kids, too. I wouldn't trade Lucy for the world but I also loved just having Wesley to myself and we could do whatever we wanted and go wherever we wanted. I loved it. And you can never really get that back so enjoy it while you have it. :) You're a beautiful woman of God and wife! :)
ReplyDeleteI think that is wonderful! Nathan and I were together about 3 years before we got married and basically lived together and were used to going wherever and doing whatever. We chose to start trying for kids on our wedding night because, for us, we wanted to have them as young as possible and get it out of the way so we could do what we wanted when we were older. But as wonderful as kids are, it's hard. And having a good foundation is important! It's hard to find time to be alone and even if we get away, we never stop wondering how they are doing. Anyways, you hav the right attitude! Until you have children, just soak up your husband! :)
ReplyDelete